Apps Developer Sr Programmer
's Fixed Income Interest Rates and CVA technology group supports the front office technology operations of one of the world's largest capital market businesses. Our talented technology group is looking to grow our Greater Toronto team with world class technologists working on our single dealer trading platform called Velocity.
• Requirements analysis and capture
• Development of the Velocity Rates etrading platform
• Testing and UA coordination
• Liason with the global business, support and development teams
• Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues
• Applying an understanding of Fixed Income Rates financial products to the full development lifecycle
• Third line support of the platform during trading hours
•Will be able to acquire good knowledge of the Fixed Income flow & derivatives business domain
•Gain knowledge of Flow Trading Systems
•Use of latest java technologies
Total and Relevant Experience:
•Total experience requirements are 3+ Yrs
•Order negotiation/execution knowledge is a nice to have
Technical Skills Required:
•Very strong core java 1.5/1.6
•Solid understanding of OO principles
•Relational database concepts and knowledge in SQL
•Caplin Liberator/Data Sources is a nice to have
•Web Services is a nice to have
•KDB is a nice to have
Non Technical Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills (there is a requirement to be sales & trading facing)
- Self-motivated and with a determination to achieve goals and progress in your career
- Passion for technology (especially Java)
- Experience with working in large teams
- Flexible and adaptive, team player, able to deliver results in the required timeframe
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work and well organized.
- Comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and or improving work flow
- Understanding of financial concepts.
- Knowledge of any financial derivative product is desirable but not pre-requisite.
- Database experience (Oracle) is desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience of working with large financial software systems
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, add “Applications Developer Sr Prog Analyst” in the subject, thanks!