If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com, add “Java Developer” in the subject, thanks!
Local Title: Application Developer
Job Family: Information Technology
Reports to Job Title: Developer Team Lead
Core Job Title (if known):
Local Job Title (if known): Application Developer
1. Primary Role
For selected components of Telstra’s web service layer, undertake the design, development and lifecycle management. The role variously is the Lead Developer or operates under instruction from a Lead Developer as required.
Design, Development & Delivery
Working independently (within broad guidelines), deliver business partner requirements as per agreed schedules, costs and quality targets by
· interacting effectively with the business partners to refine and understand the requirements
· implementing solutions utilising the team’s software development and lifecycle processes.
Service Quality and Integrity
Contribute to the assurance of the underlying performance and integrity of customers’ services on production systems by:
· providing responsive support and undertaking corrective action in areas of specialisation.
· complying with change management principles and processes
Bachelor of Computing Sciences / Engineering
Bachelor of Business Computing and Information Management
DEPTH/BREADTH OF EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB
Demonstrable Expert experience in:
- Java development principles and patterns/models;
- SOA Technologies: Webservices, RMI, or REST.
- Databases: Preferably Oracle;
- ORM Technologies: Hibernate or JPA.
- Itinerant Team organisation and management;
- Requirements analysis and design; and
- Initiative tracking, reporting and management.
Demonstrable experience in 50% of:
- JMS Messaging & Queues
- Enterprise Service Bus architecture
- Application & System Monitoring
- JRules or similar rules engine.
- Network load balancing, Caches, Proxies
- JBOSS / TomCat Application Server
- J2EE pattern appreciation – Delegate, DAO, EJB
- Security Technologies: MD5, DES, SSL, RSA, Certificate Management, Webservice Security
- BPM / BPEL
- XQuery / XPath
- Data modelling
- Technology analysis and consulting
- Highly dedicated ethos - expected to take very real accountability for their deliverables
- Embraces criticism
- General depth of experience allowing ability to rapidly come to an understanding of new technologies
Must be able to communicate complex ideas with both customer and peers in written and oral form.
Written communications include technical documentation.
Must be a capable negotiator.
WORK GROUP PURPOSE
To ensure the ongoing quality of our delivered solutions, production stability is our first priority. To actively contribute in the definition of solutions and assessment of ideas, utilising our deep experience in online technologies. To minimise outcome risk by accurately and continually estimating and reporting on progress and potential impediments to success. Re-use or Build best-fit software solutions on time and budget for D&O’s business partners.